Allergies are extremely common among both cats and dogs today, and they are one of the top reasons for veterinarian visits.
Unlike the typical respiratory symptoms that plague humans when they have seasonal allergies, allergies can show up in your pet as skin irritation, itchiness and inflammation. Your pet may lose hair, develop rashes, hives, open sores or “hot spots,” inflamed ears, and feel downright miserable.
If your pet’s symptoms change with the seasons, they’re most likely from seasonal allergies. Potential allergens can include grass and weed pollens, trees, mold spores, insects, and even human personal care and cleaning and pest control products.
Left untreated, seasonal allergies can become a year-round issue. Rather than suppress symptoms with steroids (which is often the traditional veterinary approach) or stimulate an already overactive immune system, you want to support your pet’s healthy normal immune function to help it “re-balance itself” and respond normally.
Over the last 20 years in my practice, I’ve developed a seasonal allergy protocol of herbs and vitamins, now available as Pet Seasonal Support, to help:
- Support an optimally functioning immune system, allowing it to re-balance itself when confronted with environmental allergens
- Support a normal inflammatory response to potential allergens by helping to maintain normal histamine levels
- Bring greater comfort to pets during allergy season
This unique formula contains 8 nutrients that address the root cause of your pet’s discomfort rather than covering up the symptoms:
- Quercetin – Helps quell the fire of redness, irritation, and inflammation by promoting normal histamine levels with its potent antioxidant activity.
- Bromelain – Increases the absorption of quercetin, and together, promoting a normal inflammatory response by supporting normal prostaglandin release.
- Vitamin C – A potent antioxidant that supports a normal inflammatory response while having a natural anti-histamine effect.
- Bee Pollen – Widely used for centuries in Traditional Chinese Medicine for its “superfood” properties, bee pollen may help desensitize your pet to allergens.
- Plant Sterols – Produced by plants, these molecules may support a normal inflammatory response and a balancing effect on immune function.
- Butterbur Extract – Long used for medicinal purposes, this is a favorite of mine for its ability to promote a healthy normal inflammatory response to allergens.
- Stinging Nettle Leaf – Promotes a normal response to allergens by helping to maintain normal levels of histamine and other pro-inflammatory chemicals.
- Cat’s Claw – An herb from the highlands of the Peruvian Amazon, it has become one of South America’s most prescribed herbs for promoting a normal immune response to allergies.
Seasonal Support is a pet-friendly beef liver-flavored powder that you simply give to your pet once or twice daily.
Give your pet the gift of comfort this allergy season – order Seasonal Support!