What can I give my dog to tackle bad breath?
Bad breath is often caused by a build of bacteria that has caused the formation of plaque. The first step in tackling bad breath is to remove and prevent the build-up of plaque.
- Canident- Contains brown seaweed for removal of plaque. Can also help to reduce gum inflammation. Sprinkle onto every meal.
- Herbal Pet Supplies Pearly Whites- Contains fucus seaweed that contains an enzyme which can cut through plaque. Majoram can also offer antimicrobial properties for a cleaner mouth. Use 1 pipette after each meal.
- Dorwest Toothpaste- Contains high levels of sage. Sage is a natural anti-microbial that can help to keep bacteria at bay. It also contains liver flavour for easy administering. Use alongside a soft toothbrush.
- Phytopet Tartar X- Contains neem to reduce plaque, fragaria to control tartar and peppermint and parsley to freshen breath.
- Dr Isla teeth and gum health- Contains Pacific and Atlantic seeweed for removal of plaque. Has the added bonus of fennel. Some cases of bad breath are caused by digestion issues and fennel is a great digestive aid. Sprinkle onto food.
How can I help relieve my dogs’ itchy skin?
The most common cause of itchy skin is allergies. It is important to treat the allergy as well using products to soothe the inflammation caused by the allergy.
- Grizzly Pure Wild Salmon Oil- Contains Alaskan salmon oil for high levels of Omega 3 than farmed salmon oil. Fish oil contains DHA, EPA, the fatty acids in Omega 3. These fatty acids can help with inflammation caused by allergies.
- Proflax Natural Skin and Coat Supplement- Contains flax seed to reduce inflammation. Also contains chamomile for soothing swelling. Wild nettle and skullcap both act as a natural anti-histamine.
- Finer by Nature Coconut Oil- Coconut oil contains lauric acid which can soothe irritation and lower the risk of infection caused by scratching. It is a great natural moisturiser for dry skin.
- Vitacanis Skin Relief- Contains peppermint to help cool skin and aloe to moisturise inflamed skin.